Establishing a Sense of Place
In this lesson, we watch a short video that challenges the viewer to test their knowledge of their surrounding environments and journal their ideas.
The curriculum binder contains a student journal that students would use to record their answers.
We will use the comment section at the bottom of this page to answer some of the following questions that the sense-of-place video asks.
- What changes do you look for for signs of spring?
- What changes do you look for for signs of summer?
- What changes do you look for for signs of fall?
- What changes do you look for for signs of winter?
- Do you have a favorite place outdoors you like to go? Why is this place special to you?
- What time of year do you visit this place? What is the weather like?
- What is the nearest river to your school? Why do think it has its name?
- What is the name of the nearest mountain range to your school? In which direction do the mountains run?
- In which month is the Bitteroot plant ready for digging?
- What did the moon look like last night? Where was it at in the sky?
- Which birds migrate from your community before winter? Which birds stay?